- Celebrities & Hypnosis
Famous people who used Hypnosis to enhance their abilities!
Although they were born with special gifts, there have been many famous people over the years that learned how to enhance their talents and creativity through hypnosis.
Notwithstanding the fact that hypnosis will not provide one with any talents that one does not already have, it will ensure that the existing ability or creativity of the artist is not hindered by writer?s block, stage fright, undue stress, second guessing, doubts or problems. Famous people over the years have used hypnosis or self hypnosis to enhance or increase their focus on their goal.
- Kurt Angle - the popular WWF wrestler and former Olympic champion won gold in the 1996 freestyle world championship.
- Frederic Francois Chopin - this prolific composer had such an interest in hypnosis that he signed up for classes at the University of Strasbourg.
- Jimmy Connors - used hypnosis to win the U.S. Open Championship.
- Kevin Costner - reportedly flew his personal hypnotist to Hawaii to cure his sea sickness during the making of the film "Waterworld".
- Matt Damon - quit a 16 year smoking habit after three sessions of hypnosis.
- Thomas Edison (inventor), Henry Ford (car manufacturer), Albert Einstein (physicist), and Aldous Huxley (novelist) - all used trance states to develop their ideas.
- Nick Faldo - one of the greatest golfers of the past two decades and three times winner of the U.S. Masters, used a hypnotist to help his concentration.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - the German poet, writer and scientist also took hypnosis classes at the University of Strasbourg.
- Adam Heidt - member of the U.S. Olympic luge team used a sports hypnotist.
- Mark Knopfler - leader of the legendary rock group Dire Straits reportedly beat his smoking habit through hypnosis.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - was said to have composed the famous opera "Cosi fan tutte" while hypnotized.
- Jack Nicklaus - claims that his success is entirely owed to practicing concentration and visualization (other names for hypnosis).
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis - used hypnotherapy to release the weight and burden of tragedy in her life.
- Bob Reese - the New York Jets former trainer used hypnosis with his players.
- Sylvester Stallone - after using a hypnotist, he finally got the courage to submit his "Rocky" script to a major Hollywood producer and while on location "would lie down and listen to a specially made subconscious motivation tape".
- Alfred Lord Tennyson - repeated names to himself as a hypnotic mantra in order to access different states of consciousness in which whole poems came to him.
- Iwan Thomas - a British athlete and top 400 meter runner (won World Cup title for the 400 meter event in 1998) used hypnosis to help him block out the noise of the crowd and the activities of his opponents in big races.
- Stacy Ferguson ("Fergie") - "Black Eyed Peas" vocalist; after hitting rock bottom and blowing away all her earnings, has chosen the path to health from her out of control addiction to crystal meth through hypnotherapy.